Below you will find the answers to some questions that you may have prior to your trip to the Family Wealth Forum in Rancho Santana, Nicaragua.
If your question is not answered below, please just contact your event manager Tami Holland at email@example.com
Travel to/from Nicaragua
- A tourist visa is NOT required for U.S. citizens for stays of up to 90 days. However, we recommend that you check any visa requirements based on your own circumstances.
- If you have connecting flights overseas as part of your journey to Nicaragua, we recommend that you check with your airline if you need a separate transit visa.
- Please ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your departure from Nicaragua.
- It is recommended that each passport have at least two free pages in the visas section for any necessary stamps on arrival and departure.
- Nicaragua’s main international airport is Augusto C. Sandino International Airport (MGA) in Managua. This is an approximately three-hour drive from Rancho Santana. Flights currently operate from Atlanta (Delta), Dallas (American Airlines), Fort Lauderdale (Spirit), Houston (United), Los Angeles (Delta), Miami (American Airlines, Avianca), Newark (Delta/American Airlines), and New York (American Airlines).
- The new Costa Esmeralda Airport (ECI) is just a 15-minute drive from Rancho Santana. Flights currently operate from Managua with La Costena (currently Saturdays and Sundays only) and from Liberia Airport (LIR) with Sansa (currently Thursday through Monday only). Please note that the aircraft on these routes may be smaller than what you are used to, so seats may be very limited and luggage restrictions may apply.
- On arrival on any international flight to Augusto C. Sandino International Airport (MGA) in Managua or Costa Esmeralda Airport (ECI) you will be required to pay a US$10 tourist tax at the customs booth. We advise that you have this amount in US$ available. You will be issued with a tourist visa/stamp. We recommend you keep this with you during your stay. Immigration & customs forms are typically provided on the plane prior to landing.
Transfers (Managua – Rancho Santana – Managua)