» Topic: SEARCHING AN ETF TO GET LONG GOLD IN EUROSBonner & Partners

Monday, 22 January 2018

Contact Us: 1-855-849-2885

SEARCHING AN ETF TO GET LONG GOLD IN EUROS

Welcome! Forums Gold and Commodities Investing SEARCHING AN ETF TO GET LONG GOLD IN EUROS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JUAN D. 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

JUAN D.

Hi,
    does anyone know a good ETF that:

– Trades in Euros
    – Is 100% backed by physical gold
    – Tracks gold spot in Euros
    – Has Low fees
    – Has a large market cap

Basically, the “european cousin” of the almighty SPDR Gold Trust (GLD US in Bloomberg).
    Thanks and regards,

Juan

NIGEL B.
    Participant

Hi Juan, I’m Nigel Barak,

The Zurcher Kantonalbank (ZKB) offers gold-backed ETFs including the ZKBGLDEU (ISIN CH0047533523) denominated in Euros, if you can trade in Switzerland. It’s a conservatively-run bank, so probably offers one of the safest paper gold investments, fees are reasonable, tracks the spot price, but I don’t know the market cap offhand. I can’t say that I’ve put my own money there, but I do hold their equivalent silver/EU ETF, ZSILEU, for what it’s worth!

Hope this helps

– Nigel

NIGEL B.
    Participant

Sorry, Juan – got the ticker wrong, it should be ZGLDEU, not ZKBGLDEU. The ISIN was correct though

Regards

– Nigel

JUAN D.

Hi Nigel,
    thanks very much for the info. Market cap is above 1 BLN EUR. Price quoted is near the spot price so it will be easy to monitor. I also like the idea of safety if it is run by a conservative bank. I checked my online broker and I have access to the ETF. Al lI need to know now is a good entry point…..
    Thanks for your help and regards,

Juan

STEVEN J.
    Participant

The entry point in gold is to begin the process.

JUAN D.

HI Steven,
    sorry but I don´t get your point. I was asking about a price entry level for gold quoted in Euros: 12 hundred, 1 thousand, 800… God Knows ! But…”to begin the process” ?¿? I simply don´t understand. Do you mean I am late to the party?
    Regards,
    Juan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.