» Topic: Stock BrokersBonner & Partners

Monday, 22 January 2018

Contact Us: 1-855-849-2885

Stock Brokers

Welcome! Forums Stock Market Investing Stock Brokers

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Emma Walsh 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

BYRON N.
    Participant

I am looking for a stock broker in the US that can trade stocks on foreign exchanges. I know of several but they are very limited on the number of countries they can trade in. Anyone have any suggestions.
    Thank you,
    Byron Nelson

RICHARD W.

I sympathize, Bryon, but can’t help much I’m afraid

Most brokers who I have worked with are pretty limited in their ability/willingness to invest on non-US exchanges.

Recently I decided to self-manage some of my funds and opened an Interactive Brokers acct, only to find they are limited exchanges in 16 countries, excluding Viet Nam, Indonesia, Russia, and others. It’s surprising to me that access, especially online access, to global markets is still this limited.

Please let us know if you find something better.

Rick

RICHARD W.

I just noticed while looking at the “portfolio” section of this website, that Charles Schwab seems to be the winner for brokerages offering access to non-US markets, reaching 38 non-US markets.

Rick

NIGEL B.
    Participant

Hi folks, this is Nigel Barak,

I use Interactive Brokers, who offer good service at low cost. Go to http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=exchanges to check out the exchanges they offer
    Regards, Nigel

Emma Walsh
    Keymaster

Hi Byron,
    just letting you know that our Portfolio page includes a link to a list of overseas brokers – thought this might help.
    Rgds
    Emma Walsh
    Member Liaison, Bonner & Partners Family Office

SHANKAR R.
    Participant

You can also try etrade and Everbank brokerage. Etrade is reasonably good although the coverage probably isn’t as broad as Charles Schwab. For Everbank, you will have to place international trades over telephone and I believe their coverage is very good.

-Shankar

CHARLES D.

One guy I know well who can do internationally listed stocks is a guy by the name of Richard Panchookian. He runs a brokerage called Alta Vista Wealth Management in Florida. He’s been doing international stocks for years now, and is an outstanding guy.

You can call his firm at 407-767-9166 for more info.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.