» Topic: warning about solar energy investmentBonner & Partners

Thursday, 18 January 2018

Contact Us: 1-855-849-2885

warning about solar energy investment

Welcome! Forums Real Estate and Private Investments warning about solar energy investment

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brian O'Connor 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

KAILASH N.
    Participant

i want to warn investors about fraud investing in german solar energy projects. i along with several co-investors got gypped big time.

kai narayan

RITA H.

This reply is a plug for a safe solar energy investment that should not involve any risk if you do your research.
    Investing in your own solar energy is what interests me, rather than investing money in someone else’s company which can be subject to all kinds of risks. (Solyndra!) It is a bit like buying gold coins versus gold mining stocks. You have it “in hand”.

Solar panels on buildings that you intend to use for a long time and pass on to your children start paying for themselves after about 8 years. At this time there is a government credit of about 30%, but once that expires the pay-off time will be longer. Solar panels should last at least 50 years. I think this is an excellent way to stash some money into something where you are not taxed on the “profits” – 42 years’ worth of free electricity if you have enough panels. A sunny climate helps though the latest technology has panels that collect some energy from daylight, not necessarily direct sunlight. A back up generator and batteries should give peace of mind which also has to be worth something. One could buy systems for one’s children’s houses if they are not subject to moving.
    And if an unexpected move does happen, the money spent should be recouped as these systems have become sought after additions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.